• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800 dlx could use help OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fruitcake173

Registered
i have a p4c800 dlx a p4c2.6 and two sticks of corsair pc3500 xms

i use bios 1008.004

and i can only get it stable at stock speed.

anybody with a similar rig here, can you tell me your memory settings and your fsb (now it wont do **** over 245 fsb)
been fooling around with it for a week now and i am sure it should be able to run at 3,4 right?!?

Have same rig which i just got yesterday but with a 2.4c ES, so far I have hit 175FSB for 3.3ghz, looks like you have good RAM so I am unsure why you are getting a problem. I was running 5:4 2.75 vDIMM 1.6vCore and memory at most relaxed timings for that since my Twinmos 3200 seems to suck a bit. Still lots more testing to do I have only played with the rig for an hour, BIOS is 1017 Beta, i see 1019 is available now...

i could get it to boot at 3,2 (245fsb) but it wouldnot stay stable for a few hours at the moment i have it on 235 fsb and auto memory timings and its finally stable, i think it has something to do with the bios cos i think all the rest of the components should be able to run pretty fast, good board, good chip good memory only thing i can think of that s not that good is the videocard which is a geforce2 7700 ti dlx but that shouldnot make the system that unstable should it?

Have same rig which i just got yesterday but with a 2.4c ES, so far I have hit 175FSB for 3.3ghz, looks like you have good RAM so I am unsure why you are getting a problem. I was running 5:4 2.75 vDIMM 1.6vCore and memory at most relaxed timings for that since my Twinmos 3200 seems to suck a bit. Still lots more testing to do I have only played with the rig for an hour, BIOS is 1017 Beta, i see 1019 is available now...

hmm this may sound stupid but i cant seem to find the option for 5:4 memory that divider thingy where is that in the bios settings? or has that something to do with the 2,2,5,4 settings or something, the fsb stuff i understand the memory timings is a little bit harder to comprehend for me

Back