• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to put a case fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Hi Guys and Gals,

I want to put a case fan into my computer in the side window. Any idea where is the exact location to place it? top of the cpu fan or above the pci card side? My computer casing is a mid tower one and I'm palnning to place a 120mm casing fan in top of the computer casing to air duck out and one 80mm to intake the air in front. My only air duct out method is the 120mm fan in the above and I'm giving the 230V power to that and it really blows the thigs out so no need of another way to air duct out (I hope so) so let me know which places are the best.

My current cpu temp is around 50C idle and 53-55C full load. hope to reduce this abount through a upcoming copper cooler in the future. Or do u think my cpu temp is normal? it is a T-bred 2000+ o/c to 2200+ (139*13)

If your motherboard is a VIA KT333 or KT400 chipset, then you might improve your overclocking by directing more air to the northbridge area of the motherboard. If it is an nForce based board, then consider the cpu itself and then the pci side of the agp slot for video card cooling.

Back