• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AirCooling question (Aeroflow)...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj_unforgetable

Hiya. Right now I have a Vantec Aeroflow which is giving me great temps. Unfortunatly, the TMD fan currently mounted only moves around 30cfm of air, but also only produces 38dB of noise, which is great. Would it be workthile to install another, more powerful fan, if I am willing to withstand the jet-engine noises I might suffer from hearing in the night ?

If so, which fan? SF2? Also, the TMD fan is 70x70x25, which is odd, has anyone been able to change the fan to a standard 80x80 ? If not, does anyone know how?

THNX

The difference will be pretty good. Im about to order a 60<80 adapter for my 2nd rig. If the heatsink feels quite warm then a new fan would do you well.

On my heatsink, I may lose 6 or 7c, but I cant promise anything. My heatsink gets hot because of lack of airflow. If the heatsink is already cool, you may only get a 3-4c drop.

Unfortunately, you'd also have to factor in case airflow and ambient temps to determine your increase. But I will vouch for the Tt Smart Fan II as well.

If it's giving you good temps at a toleratable noise level, I would stick with the fan that's already on there. I've been using it in my main rig for a long time. I'm switching over to watercooling, so I put it in my folding rig.

The only problem I have had with that fan is when it bit my finger. Other than that, it performed decently. I say don't fix what aint broke. But if you feel comfortable with a bigger fan, you might wanna give it a try.

Make sure, if you do replace the fan, that it (assuming you'll be buying a axial fan) is mounted at least an inch above the heatsink. The Aeroflow was designed to take advantage of the small hub on the TMD fan, and so it craves the air in the center, which raising it would provide.

I have a 70-90mm adapter and a 90mm fan rated at 56cfm/35dba on mine. it dropped load temp about 2c. my tmd fan died.

Back