• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron 865pe Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

Albatron PX865PE PRO

Hello I have been reading in a few places the the Centerwood motherboards are better overclockers but does anyone know if this ALBATRON PX865PE PRO
Intel Springdale chipset is a good motherboard for overclocking or not or if it is a good motherboard at all.

Thanks!!!! :)

Good but not great. The newest Albatron boards cap the vcore at 1.60v. The 800MHz P4's don't need as much voltage as the old P4B's, but if you're going to overclock you'll want the option to use more than that.

BHD

Yup I also read that this board wont go over 255 and I will need to go higher than that if I plan to reach 3.2 with my 2.4

Lolol..Not all bad ALBATRON

Another thread here, on OC...

Albatron has some explaining to do, but I won't knock them down, just yet...Except they need some serious ENGLISH lessons!

Just a thought here, they were very slow to provide BIOS updates & very fast to knock out mobo's..That speaks volumes. I think!

Not to say the mobo's are bad, just lacking expertise & Service: Mine had a DOA onboard NIC & won't read a CDRW drive.

But it does run really quick, if you don't need either of the above!

Albatron

Lol, yes, well...What I reaps they sow!

Cheers

Back