• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which cable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The second one would be what you would need. You would plug the male connector of the fan into the femail 4-pin and then plug the 3-pin to the mobo header. But oi that seems pricy..hmm =\....

Fold and Frag on
Brian

7h3r4py said:
I thought it was that one :)

This is England I live in...

the pound is stronger than the dollar. if it costs alot in pounds than it's a whole lot in dollars.

i remember guys saying that you could just wrap the exposed wire to a screw on the fan bus or something.

emericanchaos said:
the pound is stronger than the dollar. if it costs alot in pounds than it's a whole lot in dollars.

Ummm no...

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB in the USA = $473.89
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB in the UK = $643.94

You could make the second one.

I can send some bits if you need them, gratis of course :)

I always thought the pound was worth more than the dollar...so like 1 us dollar = less then 1 pound...meh oh well

And in the 9800pro comparingness..noticing that you use dollars for both, the price increas is not because of the amount that the pound is greater than the american dollar, but probably is because of the avaliabliity of it in the UK

bubba gump said:
I always thought the pound was worth more than the dollar...so like 1 us dollar = less then 1 pound...meh oh well

And in the 9800pro comparingness..noticing that you use dollars for both, the price increas is not because of the amount that the pound is greater than the american dollar, but probably is because of the avaliabliity of it in the UK

£1 = $1.67
$1 = £0.60

I found the cheapest price on pricewatch.com for the American one and took the price of the one I want to get and converted it to $ to compare.

Everything is more expensive here. I am considering inporting one, it might be cheaper than buying it here even with the big shipping cost...

WATCH OUT!!!!!

A lot of fans come with the 4-pin connectors because they need more electricity than a motherboard connector can supply. If you put one of these fans on your motherboard, you will certainly fry the entire system, and will fill your room with noxious smoke. You could even start a fire.

What fan are you planning to put on this?????

Back