• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mosfet cooling IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davejonesusa

Anyone tried mosfet coolers on IC7-G boards i.e. (heatsinks) If so please tell us your results in any FSB change.

Thanks

davejonesusa

Didn't help me any.. but then again I think i have some crappy cpus :) Abit says PWM temperature is ok up to about 100C :)

check out Greg's article.
he seemed to get good results from extra cooling.
mosfets are hottest on the side facing the motherboard.
i wish Abit would start using heatsinks like these.
mosfet_sink.jpg

(mosfet sinks on my old Fic VA-502 board.)

[edit] changed image host. [/edit]

Last edited:
apparently it IS a problem and Abit is trying to address it in the IC7 MAX3. check out these pics:

MAX3.jpg

MAX32.jpg

looks a little wimpy.. needs some heatsinks and that little fan could be pretty loud. if its not loud it probably won't be pulling much air which means its really of no use.

just food for thought.

Heh certainly an interesting picture. I agree that the solution looks suboptimal though. Kind of reminds me of the whole OTES approach Abit took to vidcard cooling, altough that idea made a bit more sense.

I'd prefer passive copper sinks epoxied to the MOSFETs in this case though; seems the ideal solution to me.

The northbridge HSF looks interesting as well, a sunflower-like approach. I wonder whether it comes with a copper core or not...

Back