• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

debovenk2002

Look this over and see if you see any problems or suggestions.

Here is what I am thinking of getting

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe:)
Intel Pentium 4 2.4CGhz
2x 256MB Corsair Twinx PC-3200
Seagate 7200.7 120GB SATA
Antec TRUE 480w

I have a ATI AIW Radeon 7500, Sound Blaster Live!, DVD-ROM, and CD-RW to put in the system.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
The serial drive you listed isnt going to make any kind of performance difference compared to say an IDE western digital SE drive tho. In may be even slower in some benches because of the 2 meg cache.

I would get one of the WD 8 meg cache SE IDE drives instead. I think maxter has a few good ones as well.

If you want to oc you may want to get 3500 ram instead of 3200.

I use an antec true 430 watt power supply and it has been fine. Of course it cant hurt anything if your willing to spend the money for more power tho :)

If you are planning on doing realy heavy oc'ing i would get some better mem. OCZ Gold would be the best, but if you want to save a little i would get either corsair 3500, or kingston hyperx 3500. You could take a chance on mem and get geil golden dragon, I got the golden dragon 3200 256mbx2 kit and i can hit ddr482 perfectly stable, and score over 6100 in sisoft memory bandwith benchmark.

I would also suggest you go with a western digital raptor hd if you want real preformance, but like most you probably don't need it and i would just go with a western digital pata 8mb cache buffer drive and save some money.

I would also say you should save some money on the mobo. either get a p4p800 or a plain ic7. that will save you quite a bit, and preform the same.

I myself am collecting my intel system now:
2.4c
waiting for ic7 max3
2x256mb ocz gold
r9800128mb pro
2x36gb rapter hd's
pc power and cooling 475w psu 30A on the +12v line(for mcw50-t)
fortissimo III

cooling:
mcw5000-pt
mcw50-t
86 chevette heatercore with dual wetwilly shrouds
eheim 1250, soon to be a rainbow and the 1250 will be for the gpu

I am going to wait for the ic7 max3 for the voltages. It has great vcore/vdim/vagp voltages. It also seems to have better cooling on the nb, and some corny looking little fans on the mosfets. I will probably replace the nb cooler because it doesn't seem to great. Anyway If i were to pick a mobo now i think the p4p800 would be the one i would go with.

I wanted the size on the hard drive and I did select the 8meg Cache version. I know it won't be as fast as the Raptor's but I really need the space and reliablity of the the speed.

I now think I should have bought some faster ram but I think the PC-3200 Coarsair XMS will Oc a little.

For the mobo the Asus P4C800-E. This may be a stupid reason. The last 4 great mobo's I had were the Asus P3B-F, A7V266-E, P4B533-E. Before the A7V266-E I has bought a shuttle AK31 and if failed me in lest than a month. Every Asus board I have had is rock hard stable and packed with features.

Thanks for the help guys.

debovenk2002 said:
I wanted the size on the hard drive and I did select the 8meg Cache version. I know it won't be as fast as the Raptor's but I really need the space and reliablity of the the speed.

I now think I should have bought some faster ram but I think the PC-3200 Coarsair XMS will Oc a little.

For the mobo the Asus P4C800-E. This may be a stupid reason. The last 4 great mobo's I had were the Asus P3B-F, A7V266-E, P4B533-E. Before the A7V266-E I has bought a shuttle AK31 and if failed me in lest than a month. Every Asus board I have had is rock hard stable and packed with features.

Thanks for the help guys.

For size purposes I would have gotten the new western digital 250gb 8mb chache buffer hd. That memory should be fine, worst comes to worst you will have to use the 3/2 divider. That is a fine reason to buy an asus, devotion to a company is a common reason for people to buy mobos. I would still have suggested the p4p800 or p4p800 deluxe. You would have gotten same preformance for much cheaper. The p4c800-e is a realy awesome mobo, and will bring you absolute top notch preformance.

Overall you should be very pleased with your setup.

Good luck!!:D

Thanks for the info and support gouda96 and Freezermug. I know a lot about computers because I am a Computer Technican and work with Gateways (Urg, Gateways) every day. However every time it comes to building a computer I get a little afraid I chose the wrong parts.

Back