• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good OC MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

I just found out my P4B533-V has a problem OC the mem to anything above 391 MHZ. Some use the P4B533-E can OC much more than mine.

I currently have a 2.4B SL6RZ running at 3.33 default vcore and Buffalo pc3700. If I try to overclock the mem, it won't really go much or any higher. The cpu can go higher but I'm afaid the MB is holding back the mem thus holding back the cpu too as well.

Which one out there is a good MB to possibly OC my cpu/mem some more?

I'm leaning toward the ABIT IS7.

Well, if you want to talk about the IS7, perhaps the Asus MB forum is not the correct place. This should probably be in the general MB section.

If you want to stay Asus I suggest the P4P800 as the cheapest replacement, but the P4P800 deluxe, P4C800, P4C800 deluxe, and P4C800-E will all work just as well for more money and more extras, as well as the Intel 875 chipset on all of the "C" MBs. (The "P" MBs are Intel 865 chipsets.)

Back