• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp's Not too good.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AK50

Alright, I just got my SLK-800u like 3 days ago and my temps seem way too high. Im not even overclocking yet. My MSI board came with PC Alert 4 and shows the cpu temp/system temp etc. Right now im running Prime95 and the cpu temp is about 58c ( Avg 48c idle) and my system temp is 26c. Im running a TT Smart Fan II on my SLK-800u with Arctic Silver 3. 2 Case fans 1 in back blowing out and 1 in front blowing in. Just wondering if there is something I should check out because others have gotten lower temps with this setup than I am getting and I thought it would be cooler than it is. Any ideas?

the age old adage applies: remove hsf, reapply TIM, and reseat HSF...ensure you have it seated properly (so one side's not on the lip of the socket).....good luck...

Try MBM

Hi AK50,

Did u try any other software ti measure the temp? So far MSI is not so good for accurate to giving correct messure I'd say with my past experince. I got a MSI KT4V mobo and i droppedit back and went to giga cause it's showing high temps. By the way try other temp monitoring software and also flash your bios and check also.

hey bro

You need to use your MSI LIVE UPDATE and update both your bios and your drivers. After doing this you will be getting somewhat more accurate temps. The only thing is your full load temps might be a bit lower than they should be (I've noticed about ~4 degrees celsius different then my external temp checker).

Back