• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions with case fan layouts Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zel1

Registered
I recently purcahased a Casetek Model CK-1018-1A from new egg.
2 80mm coolermaster intake fans in front
1 80mm exhaust blowhole
2 8mm exhaust in back
I have a window that I can mount 1 more on. Should I make it an intake or should I reverse 1 of the rears blowing across the mobo.
Any layout suggestions would be helpful.
Im running at 39c to 41c right now.

Welcom to the forums Zel1!

I have the Enermax CS-10181B which the same case (Casetek is the OEM for Enermax for this case) Try the side fan as an intake so it blows outside (cooler) air onto the cpu/mobo. I have the plastic fan holder that holds 2 fans and both are intakes. My temps are ~30°C idle and ~39°C load.

-Bobby

NcBaller1985 said:
I would put 2 fans on the side panel, both intake. One blowing on your graphics card and PCI slots, the other on your mobo.

I aagree here with this as well. If you add at least one side fan you will be set for whatever you decide to add for hardware.
2 in front intake, 2 in backexhaust and 1 or 2 side intakes. Then the PSU should have an intake and then its exhaust as well. You will get good air movment over your board and out the back of the case so the CPU fan isn't sucking in overly hot air and should keep the incase temps close or at ambient air temps for good CPU cooling.

Nice case btw. Enjoy.

Back