• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glacialtech IGLOO SILENT BREEZE 462 any good????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zel1

Registered
I ve heard a few good reviews on how quiet this cooler is. Has anyone used it and how does it cool. Does it cool enough to overclock a barton 2500.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2...ta-coolers-massive-shootout-feb2k3-part4.html

But beware, that's just one review and I haven't seen anything else. Reviews aren't actually that accurate, I saw one review where FalconRock II heatsink was equal to SK-7 heatsink when both used same high CFM fan. And that's bull I'd say.
That Glacialtech heatsink is aluminium with copperbase.

Barton does produce more heat than T-bred so you won't hit the top score.

You don't recommend Glacialtech but still use an inferior cooler yourself? According to that digit-life review, your cooler gets 2C higher temp but noise is 56dB (compared to 27dB of that Glacialtech). Almost 6 times more noise with lower cooling power.

im also considering purchasing this hsf to cool a barton 2500 which i hope to get up to 3200...i've read the review, but as someone else said, it's only 1 review...anyone else have any more feedback or experience with this particular HSF? Thanks.

~jeff~

Back