• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the best CPU fan i could get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

ThermalRight SLK-900U + 92mm Vantec Tornado

Is this the best thing i could buy to cool a CPU besides water? And no, i dont care about noise. :D

I personally like the smartfan2 alot more. It can play the "quiet" fan and the high power fan.

75.7 CFM at 4800rpm
Noise 17 dB at 1300 rpm
48 dB at 4800 rpm

-----------------------------------------------
80mm Panaflo

Air Flow: 24 CFM
Speed: 2450 RPM
Noise: 28 dBA (Ultra Quiet)
-------------------------------------------
80mm tornado

Air flow: 84.1 CFM
Fan speed: 5700 RPM
Sound level: 55.2 dBA
------------------------------------------------

~smartfan competes with the tornado when turned up and beats the panaflo in noise when turned down. I guess i just personally like things with dual uses

Last edited:
ya you might want to get a smart fan if you dont want a reallly loud fan. with the smart fan you can either have it quiet or loud with good airflow.

well right now, i have a volcano 11 on my cpu. Isnt that a smart fan? Couldnt i just use that and buy the 900U heatsink to mount it on? BTW i run my fan at max rpm all the time anyway =)

Yes, that should be a SFII on the V11. As for best combo, the 92mm Tornado at full speed will probably net you the best temps. I got a couple degree drop by shrouding my tornado using a fan housing. It's too loud for me. The best performance/noise ratio IMO is the Smart Fan II. :)

timmyqwest said:
NADO NADO NADO!

What?

Conqueror: it's risky to bend capacitors too much as you could possibly snap them off. You could just go with the SLK-800U for it. It's only a minor performance difference between the two and not as expensive.

To put the Thermalright in perspective, even the SK-7 I have cools nearly as well as the SLK-900u [within 5 degrees C ] So don't feel like you have to bother with a 900u if its a 'bend the capacitors' fit.

You could find a fan speed controller to make that tornado more versatile.

Or look at the Smartfan II

bestbyte.net has the Thermaltake A1357 80x80x25mm Smart Case Fan II for $7.99 and $1.00 shipping

Or $5.00 flat rate shipping for larger orders.

http://www.bestbyte.net/Category.cf...ryID=8&Keyword=

case-mod has some good thermalright prices

http://www.case-mod.com/store/defau...a5ecf39f6374dda

Thermalright SK-7 $14.99

Thermalright SLK-700 $20.99

Thermalright SLK-800A $27.49

Thermalright SLK-800U $29.99

Thermalright SLK-900U $36.99

Last edited:
Ok, i ordered a SLK-800-U and ill take my SmartFan off my Volcano 11 and put it on there. I might end up getting a Vantec Tornado for it since i dont care about noise. As a side note, how good is this product : Link

Back