• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4'x'800 differences???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

Hin I am a AMD boy since I began into computing, but now I am wanting to upgrade and feel that I should switch to Intel. I really like Asus board's through experiencing my buddies. I know I want a P4 3.06 800mhz fsb. I just am wondering what the difference's are between the P4C800 and the P4P600, and what does the deluxe versions of each bring to the table? I have looked over Asus' web and can find no real hard data(unless I am blind and need to lay off the coffee)

I would really appreciate your help on this as I am building a kick *** watercooling case for this comp and need to ge the mobo as soon as possible to lay out my lines to everything

First off, the 3.06 P4 is a B chip at 533 MHz FSB. You probably mean the 3.0C GHz P4, which is 800 MHz FSB.

The P4C800 is a Canterwood platform (875P chipset) and the P4P800 is a Sprigdale platform (865PE chipset). The 875 provides ECC memory support and Intel-validated PAT (performance accelreation technology, to reduce memory latencies). The Asus 865s also have PAT (called MAM, memory acceleration mode, due to some legal arguments with Intel), but it is hacked and not Intel-validated.

Deluxe versions of MBs usually offer more RAID, IEEE1394, etc. options

Back