• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Soyo SY-P4I875P Dragon 2 a good board for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Memnock

Newegg has these puppies on sale for $190 and I was thinking of picking one up. Are these boards reliable and generally good for overclocking? If not what would you recommend as an alternative that isn't much more expensive than this?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums.

Soyo's reputation for overclocking (and reliability) is among the worst. How bad are they? Two of the three shops in my area won't carry or custom order a Soyo board because the return/RMA rate is so high. Using an Intel chipset is a move in the right direction for Soyo, but they still have a long, long way to go to regain my trust or endorsement.

For $190 you can have your pick of 865 and 875 boards. The Abit IC-7G comes first to mind. It is as feature packed as the Soyo, is a great overclocker and has exceptional reliablity, too. There is also the Asus P4C800 Deluxe. I would take either of those over the Soyo, every day of the week.

BHD

Thanks a lot for replying. Glad I asked first. That Soyo board looks so good on paper, it's a real shame it's probably a crappy board. Thanks again.

Back