• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BH7 Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droban

I learn by mistakes. This year I decided to upgrade my motherboard from Matsonic(EWEWWW vomit) to Abit BH7...gee I wonder why? anyways, that is how I destroyed my Pentium 4 2.0 ghz through improper heatsink installation. but all was well when i got my current 2.66(much better). Now on to learning about BIOS. Abit has released several bios revisions and since there was absolutely nothing wrong with my computer I decided, lets risk it. So I put the new bios disk in and flash the bios when the computer starts up without booting into dos. Goodbye working bios. I tried endlessly to fix this using everything anyone has ever suggested without any luck. Thankfully, Newegg had a bh7 refurbished for 39 bucks(vs. new 82) and I decided to order that. To my suprise I recieved a brand new board revision 1.1 with a usb cable that I didnt have before. Today I looked on excaliberpc.com and they just started selling replacement abit bh7 bios chips. I plan on buying one for my "dead" board and putting together a general use computer. My advice is DONT UPDATE BIOS unless there is something that is a problem.
Oh yea and give abit tech support a call sometime on off hours, the recording is kinda funny.

oh one more warning, I have a thermalright SLK800 heatsink, if you should need to remove it from your processor make sure you break the seal between the two with a screwdriver before pulling it off. I almost destroyed another processor by doing this!

Back