• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Window unit cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Window Unit

I have a 25"x55"x27" (HxWxD) solid wood enclosure with a 4" diameter circle cut out of the back for cabling. Two wood swivel doors with rubber sealing to prevent air leaking out the front when closed. I wanted to install the forward face of a 6000 BTU window A/C unit. Iv'e foung some for around 250.00 $US that have temp sensors built in. I figured I could build a mount on the side of the enclosure to support the A/C unit and install a 10" - 12" outtake fan on the other side. Then run my 3 PCs with no case on. I'm not sure how low the ambient temp would get down to, but I figure I can keep it around 50F or so. I was wondering if anyone had done something like this, and if so, what types of results can be expected in reducing individual component temperatures. If no one has, I'd still be interested in any opinions or various takes on the idea.

-Jacob

That seems like a good idea but I don't know many people who have done anything like this. It should work tho, try it and report back! One thing that is fore sure is that it will lower your ambient temps, which lower al ltemps dramaticly.

Back