• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a Mem speed wall for IS7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

My current MB is an Asus P4B533-V. It won't allow me to OC over DDR391 mhz mem speed. I also saw somewhere in here that this MB has this problem no matter what mem you put in.

what's the limit, how high can you OC the DDR mem on the IS7 ?? and what is the max volt you can set on this MB.

THX

i think they are referring to a fsb wall of 275mhz not a memory wall.

that wall can be moved higher with further northbridge cooling such as the Zalman silent NB heatsink or the TT Tiger1.

i think the highest cpu voltage is 1.75 but i may be wrong. since it is an abit it will read anywhere from 1.68 to 1.73 in reality. now it won't fluctuate very much.... thats just a range of many boards i've seen.

thx, I just found out the IS7 and IC7 have onboard audio problems as well as MIC problem.

These problems are hardware related thus you have to send it back to Abit to have it fix. arrrgggg...

If anyone have any latest news on these issues ...please let me know. Otherwise I won't be buying one of these

or you can use a real sound card and have no problems. ;)

onboard audio sucks hardcore. i've even heard the soundstream audio on the NF2 boards thats supposed to be so good. its pretty nasty imo.

Maxvla said:
or you can use a real sound card and have no problems. ;)

onboard audio sucks hardcore. i've even heard the soundstream audio on the NF2 boards thats supposed to be so good. its pretty nasty imo.

Well Actually I do have a good sound card but opted to use the onboard instead. The system uses up more resources if u use a pci sound card as oppose to using the onboard.

But, what about the MIC? then I won't be able to do voice chat.

actually onboard sound is on the pci bus just the same as a pci card. it will also use alot more CPU cycles than using a dedicated sound processor.

Back