• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tornado!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i have a tornado cpu cooler on is there a way that i could connect something to it to controll its speed????

if you need a quick fix, I saw some the reobuses and fan controllers at compusa today. The tornados are indeed very loud. I had one, but couldn't even begin to tolerate the noise. :D

ok i have a fan controller it is a vantec nexus supports 18-20 watts!
what is this rheobus? from where do i get it ? and how do i install it?

I think fan controller = rheobus. At least they do similar things. That Vantec should be good for your Tornado.

ok i have connected my tornado before to my fan controller but it did not do anything
how come

yes it doesn't controll the speed i can not turn it down it just wont work with it i have to other speed control fan conected to it they work exept the tornado

or instead of a rheobus you could do a simple 7volt mod... not sure exactly how but people here know.

Here is a link to the Nexus instructions. If you actually DID buy the Nexus, you would have gotten the instructions to install with it.

Still doesn't work? Contact the retailer you purchased it from.

My nexus works just fine. You may have it hooked up wrong. As I remember I had to remove the 4 pin plug on the tornado and install a 3 pin plug so that it could connect to the nexus. If you have done everything right and it doesn't work send it back for another one.

BTW a rheobus is a set of rheostates mounted on a plate that can be installed in your computer. Think of the bus part as a electrical bus with multiple connections hooked to it. The nexus is consididered a multi function panel because it does several things ie; controls fan speed, monitors multi temps and monitors fan rpm.

BTW again, I realllly like the nexus. It works great and looks sweet.

oh ok so i have to plug my tornado 4 pin into the nexus's 4 pin which is the power so the other plug from the tornado goes into th e power ok i try it like that

that way i tried it i pluged the 3 pin from the tornado to the fan controller i guess it needed more juice

ah ok there are to types of wires coming from the tornado
1; is for the power which is a 4 pin
2; is for monitoring fan speed (which i connected to the MB)

i connected my 4 pin power cable from the tornado to the 4 pin connector that came with my fan controller that is 1 side is 4 pin the other is 3 pin so one side went with my tornado the other to the fan controller.

Back