• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why keep your pump on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joker_927

I was pondering today...

Do you think it is even nesseccary to turn off your pump at all? I hear a lot of people keep their pumps running 24/7. When I thought about it, sitting water tends to corrode, get stale, whatever much quicker than moving water. Right?

If it's not nesseccary or no improvement are gained when turning your pump off, then I just won't.

Thnx

"Continuos duty" pumps, like Eheims, actually LIKE to be left running.

Most important, it's pretty hard to fold 24/7 when your 'puter gets turned off and on all the time. :D

why keep my pump on?

cause my rig runs 24/7! would be hard to run a rig with a pump off sometimes. ;)

Why would you make the switch to water? For a quiet system! Why would you turn your system off? Too loud? Wouldn't make since to turn the pump off, even if you went on vacation.

My pump turns off any time I turn either of my water cooled computers off.

Of course, I rarely do that ;)

I don't see any reason to turn a pc off at all, personally, unless it is:
being worked on (hardware)
being moved
and....well, I guess that's it ;)

MY pump never liked being turned back on.... I would have to jumpstart it a few times to get it to start pumping.

It's finally dead now

I have the pump on a seperate plug, so it runs 24/7 while I turn on and off my comp. I put a piece of neoprene foam under it and I can't hear a thing unless I put my ear to it.

dutchcedar said:
"Continuos duty" pumps, like Eheims, actually LIKE to be left running.

Most important, it's pretty hard to fold 24/7 when your 'puter gets turned off and on all the time. :D
1. My pump is turned on automatically when I power on my rig, I don't like to pay electricity when my computer isn't on.
2. I want my PC to work for me, not for others, if somebody else wants to use my computer, he has to pay for it, so no 24/7 folding.
3. Eheim even better like to be left not running.
4. My WC-cooled computer was stopped for 7 months (with the coolant in it) and runned just fine afterwards (and still running fine).

CD :)

Well, I guess you could also turn your pump off when you go to LAN parties...well unless you are hosting them because then you don't have to unplug it in most cases =)!

Back