• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I ID a motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
I was just given this computer, and I have no idea what the motherboard in it is.

All I know is that it has a Soyo sticker on one of the chips, but its half coming off so i don't know if it was stuck there by someone or if the board is Soyo.

Either or, How do I determine the exact make/model of a Mobo?

I don't even know if its AMD or an Intel supported board, and the only thing it has onboard is a AT Keyboard port

See if you can get a number off the north bridge and do a google for it. If you need any help post any and all numbers here and we can help out.

Does the cpu socket identify what type of processor goes in it ie: socket 7, socket A , socket 370?

Tread

Might find the model number in 2 places:

1. On the underside of the last ISA slot of the mobo - usually a small sticker
2. On the PCB between/close to the PCI/ISA slots

Thanks Z_Oc, Thats where it was... To bad I found it before i saw your post, would have saved me an hour! :D

Its a Soyo SY-5EHM original release.

And it has a AMD K6/2 proccessor in it!

w00t!

My first AMD! I feel so happy ^_^

Sorry for this being in the intel section, as I said before..I didn't know until after identifying the board what proc was in the system. ^_^

Back