• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel nOob needs help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cypher_138

I'm working on rig1 in my sig. I'm a bit lost on OC'ing this thing. I've searched and read to no avail so now I'm posting. Here's the deal. I up the FSB to 215 raise the Vcore 1.6 with RAM on auto and I can't post. I also had the ratio @ 400 with a 33/66 divider. I heard these Intels are easy to OC and I'm sure they are...I'm missing something though. Can someone help point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
-Cypher.;)

Well I'm taking the easy way out for now and using the AI OC @ 20% untill I can get some input. Temps seem high @ 56C to me.

Well I think I'm figuring it out. Here's what I have so far:
FSB=240 @ 1.65V
Ram= 5:4 with 2-3-3-5-8 timings @ 2.75V.
My temps are at 55C under full load on stock cooling. I need to learn more about these RAM timings/ratio deal. I can't post @1:1 with a decent FSB. It's either something I'm doing wrong, or just what this RAM can do.

215MHz with the RAM @ 1:1 means you're running your RAM at DDR430, which should be within reach for your RAM, unless you're running super strict timings. Since it worked at 5:4 240MHz FSB just shows this.

55C full load at 240MHz FSB and stock cooling is quite good, but I'd suggest you go out and get something better.

If you'be got money, get something like either a SLK-900U and a 92 Panaflo or a Zalman 7000CU.

Thanks for the tips. I'm waiting for a Cascade from Cathar so I can go H20. As for the RAM...I'm going to RMA it and grab some OCZ. I'm having too many problems with this Corsair, (SIGTERMS in F@H and 2 beeps at start up). It seems like alot of people are having similar problems.

Back