• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That impeller thing r0x!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

heya,
3 days ago I bought a used pump named "Heto" 1200l/h nice looks like a Hydor Twin! really same look, this pump is a submersible.. I glued the Impeller like in that mod that they showed on the Via Aqua.. pump is almost silent!

second I moded the pump so now its an Inline works very nice..
still I'm using my Eheim 1048 r0x!

just wanted to tell ya all..

:p

thanksfortheinfo.jpg

:D ;) :D

Well, I'm glad that worked for you. Hope it doesn't ruin anything or something like that.

Scott
:cool:

Gee, I did that mod on my Danner pump and it wouldn't even start. The rotor/impeller would just occilate back and forth with the 60hz fequency of the AC. It seems the slippage of the rotor to the impeller let the rotor egt up to speed a little bit and then it has enough power to turn the impeller. Also, it runs in both directions, depending on what it feels like when it starts up. the pump still pumps the same way, just the rotor turns different directions sometimes. So, with a word of caution that I warn on that mod, I almost couldn't get my impeller separated and it was a brand new pump. best bet to try with a small dab of glue so if it doesn't you can remove it.

I did the Via Aqua mod on my Maxi-Jet 750 and it worked like a charm. The pump is almost dead silent.
Great mod. Don't be afraid of applying a lot of glue, i had to redo the mod once.

I modded the via aqua also. Just like Yvie says: dead silent. Especially when it's in a enclosed reservoir stuck down with the rubber suction cup feet :)

thorilan,
my pump looks like a vopy of the L30.. just looks the same man.
probably a fake heh :D

Don't mod the Danner pumps. They are quiet already and like illbreakit said, there is too much drag for the impeller to start up sometimes. I modded my danner and it wouldn't spin up, but i have a friend that did his and it worked fine. I wouldn't bother with them.

Back