• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooliing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would guess no... the adapter is terrible for airflow. It is way too short which makes the angle from 120mm to 80mm way to sharp (restricts airflow), and the shape of the adapter cups the airflow and creates negative turbulence (further restricting airflow). You'd probably be better off with the smartfan or a tornado and controller.

Wolfeinstein said:
ok thanks

i have a fan controllel but i dont know my tornado doesnt work with it

what exactly do you mean by doesn't work? what controller is it?

I would definetely lean towards the Tornado or likes there of. The only way a 120 would be better is you may be able to get a similar performance with maybe a little less noise. I would not bother with a 120mm. Just get a high performance 80mm and you will be rockin'and a rollin'.

Thank You,
Daniel

I'd go with a 92mm personally. They work on most 80mm heatsinks, and provide a good compromise between 80mm and 120mm fans for noise and performance.

go to sidewinder computers get an 80mm t0 120 mm adapter, buy one of their delta 120x38mm 190 cfm fans. if that dont do it nothing will

Back