• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek WW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
Whats the deal? On the D-tek site it says that the blocks were shipped out to the vendors like 3 days ago. I still haven't gotten an e-mail to confirm that my block has ben shipped. It is the only thing that I am still waiting for to get my watercooling up and running. I am getting a little frustrated. Anybody seen theirs get shipped yet?

Haven't heard a word about mine either. I would imagine if Dtek sent them three days ago, then the vendors got it yesterday or will get it monday. Can't wait to get mine. :)

With a holiday weekend, you should add 3 days for shipping. Act as if they went out first thing this morning and your expectations will be closer to reality. If you guys are lucky, the vendors will feel bad for the delays and upgrade shipping for free. I hope to hear a bunch of them get installed over the weekend.

peace.
unloaded

Maybe I read the news wrong, dated 7/03- "will be shipping to resellers on Mon.& Tues.", ( I take that to mean 7/07&7/08), would think resellers would be shipping by Friday.

lol, i just had my cascade block shiped out today (monday) by carthar :D

edit:: alec what res did u go with in the end?

laidbackbill said:
Maybe I read the news wrong, dated 7/03- "will be shipping to resellers on Mon.& Tues.", ( I take that to mean 7/07&7/08), would think resellers would be shipping by Friday.

Yes, that's the way I read it as well. Goes right along with the message that CoolTechnica sent out last week stating they expected to have their first shipment in by the end of this week.

Im not going with a res...just gonna use a T line. ;)

Just waiting for the WW to get here so everything can get up and running. :)

just received my cascade from Cathar yesterday, man does it look sweet!
7 days from Aus to New York. pretty good shipping if u ask me.
can't wait to get it up and running.
prob put my innovatek rev3 wb up on ebay

i am waiting on mine dtek lrww from cooltechria at least i don't think i deleted that e-mail

Man o' man, I just installed my Cascade today too... Replace my WW with it. I spoke to Danny today and the WW's shipped out from him today and tomorrow so they are on the way. I have only performed 2 mountings of the Cascade but as far as my system can tell, I get the exact same temp and the exact same OC with both blocks on my P4. I have a hunch that Cathar may have been wrong about the 2 barbs yeilding the same results on the Cascade as 3 barbs. I know he will disagree, but this is my gut feeling.

nikhsub1 said:
I have a hunch that Cathar may have been wrong about the 2 barbs yeilding the same results on the Cascade as 3 barbs. I know he will disagree, but this is my gut feeling.

Am using the 2-barb version here and saw the same results as the 3-barb version. If it was less, it would not have been by more than 0.2C otherwise I would've been able to see some faint sign of the difference.

Tell me though, and this is something that I warn everyone of when they switch from a White Water to a Cascade, how long have you let the thermal paste cure for?

What I found was that if the White Water has been installed for longer than 2-3 days, then the thermal paste will have had time to cure, and drop the CPU temperatures by around 2C or so.

If you then whack on a Cascade, what you'll then see initially is about the same temperatures as the White Water. To me, this says that the Cascade is doing its job, and you just need to wait for the thermal paste to cure.

If you really want to double check, put the White Water back on the CPU again and see if you can reproduce the same results as the Cascade on a fresh install. My experience tells me that you won't be able to.

Back