• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 128bit ddr data width????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majinkenshin

hello all, just registered as i'm sure you can tell by the fact that this is my first post ;) so I'll get straight to the point.....

I have not seen anyone mention any problems with dual channel ddr with the P4P800 boards, and i'm not sure i really have one. But with my SINXP1394 SIS655 chipset board, my memory data width was recognised by sandra as 128bit, whereas with the p4p800 it only says 64bit. What's the deal?? I'm getting 5.2GB memory bandwidth and my 3D mark scores are higher than they have ever been, but I'm just a little concerned.

Someon please ease my fears, tell me how to enable the 12bit ddr data width, does it only work with synchronous mem/cpu combinations? Am i going nuts(more than i am now)??

I'm sure it's just another way to describe dual-channel. :) Don't hyperventilate, everything is working perfectly.

Back