• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Three Radiators Which Radiator performance is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know that many people have and use the Black Ice II. As it's performance I beleive that it is fairly decent for those who don't use a car heatercore. As for the other radiator...the page won't display anything but japanese for me! :p so I can't give you any input on it. But in general using the largest radiator with the largest tubing is the best way to go which is why many people go with the Chevette (86' 87') heatercores. They have proven to give quite possible some of the best performance possible, and I can attest...I use one personally ;).

Anything around the same size as a chevette will cool the same. Larger ones will not gain you very much either, as proven by that 6 fan one someone came out with that's a complete ripoff.

Of the three you have listed, I'd go for the heatercore. The Blackice is a heatercore, so for performance should be the same as an oversized core. I'm running two larger heatercores 6"x12"x2" in parallel, they cost $16.99 each at the local Advanced Auto.

The heatercore is the cheapest one, the performance is somewhat better than the Black Ice Pro II.

Just so you know... pretty much any radiator is good enough to heat the air to water temperature. The big performance difference is in head loss. Heatercores, or anything with big, wide channels, and lots of them, are your best choice.

I want to build my own watercooling system.what do you think about the blackice ,heatcore type thin parallel radiator & the club type radiator---- http://www.rebbs.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=72&ID=6213
this link is a chinese forums in China.it provide very cheap watercoling kit.the quality is also good as other westen countries's products.eg.full set of watercooling sstem only cost below US$100.

what do you think about the preforamce of this copper club radiator compare with Bick ice Extreme II and heatcore ?
P/S this copper made club radiator only cost US$30

As I said... pretty much any radiator can get rid of the heat. This radiator has two issues:

First, it has lots of twists and turns in the pipe. It will slow down you water flow a lot, which is bad.

Second, the radiator is really thick. This will put a lot more back pressure on the fan, meaning less airflow, and therefore lower performance.

Heatercores are the best solution. They are designed for automobiles, which have thick, viscous glycol in the cooling system. This means they are made for low resistance. Also, they are generally at least as open to airflow as a typical radiator, and they're not terribly thick.

Like caffeinehog said, there will be a good amount of backpressure on the fans, so a push/pull arrangement would help. They don't look too large, so a regular pump would work. They look like fun to play with.

The Blackice rads are not heater cores from my understanding. They have copper tubes, not brass ones. Even the BIX2 has a little less volume (air volume approx.) than the Dtek core, which I think is a Chevette core. They'll all work well, but those cube radiators might work a little worse than the others, unless you have a couple.

Back