• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS3 vs As Céramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boX_BR

Registered
Arctic Silver 3 vs Arctic Silver Céramique
Which one is better? I seen many reviews and the céramique won almost all of them, the céramique is cheaper too...
So.. Why do most people use AS3?

AS3 was out before ceramique, so lots of people bought it then. Personally, I have quite a store of AS3, so I am going to use that up before I buy ceramique or some other new compound. Realistically, I doubt that you will see any major difference in temps between the two, maybe one degree at the most. Go with whichever you want.

I've yet to read a test that says ceramique is better.

I still have opened, but still good tubes of ASII, ASII Epoxy, AS III, AS A, Silicone Paste and ASIII.

Just stick with what you've got. I couldn't prove there was a change between ASII and ASIII when I swapped...

I still have opened, but still good tubes of ASII, ASII Epoxy, AS III, AS A, Silicone Paste and ASIII.

whats the difference between AS III and ASIII? or did you accidently put it twice?

ASII(earlier version) is much trickier to put on, but when it is applied PERFECTLY the results are comparable to ASIII.

ASIII is considerably easier to apply than ASII and makes it easier for people to get a good application.

Ceramique is the newest compound from Arctic Silver and is a bit easier to apply than ASIII, gets temps that are about the same but is NOT electrically conductive. It also is not supposed to "run" as much as ASIII.

Yes ceramique is easier to work with. It cleans up easier and cost less. Cooling I dont see a difference. I was almost out of AS III so I decided to try the ceramique and the cost diff was a real treat. If you are running low on thermal compound try the ceramique.

Ive always thought that ceramique was alot more forgiving then as 3 is. If the application of the ceramique is not perfect it wont impact your temperatures as much as say if you have to thick or an uneven layer of as 3.

Not worth making a special order imho but if your getting something else the stuff is cheap and might as well grab a tube.

Last edited:
Hey! Thanks for info. I'm going to buy Ceramique instead of ASIII now.

edit: Bleh, the place where I usually buy my stuff has AS3 3gram tube for 6.50€ and Ceramique 1.75gram tube for 6.20€.

Last edited:
breez said:
Hey! Thanks for info. I'm going to buy Ceramique instead of ASIII now.

edit: Bleh, the place where I usually buy my stuff has AS3 3gram tube for 6.50€ and Ceramique 1.75gram tube for 6.20€.

Ouch. I just bought a 2.7g tube for $3.50 USD.

-Bobby

breez said:
Bleh, the place where I usually buy my stuff has AS3 3gram tube for 6.50€ and Ceramique 1.75gram tube for 6.20€.
I think the Ceramique is a less dense substance, so that may actually be the same amount (or at least very close) of AS3 and Ceramique.

Heh, Arctic Silver page says that Ceramique is sold in 2.7g and 22g tubes. Arctic Alumina is sold in 1.75g though. I think they (the place where I usually shop for computer stuff) have mixed something there.

How long is the lifespan (idle temps rise after mounths of use) of ceramique compared to AS 3 ?

Back