• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two System Fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

I would like to install two systems fans into my box, but i only have one hookup on my mobo for a system fan, so how can i install two?

what exactly do you mean by system fan? like one that gets its power from the motherboard and speed is also controled?

the case fan, i guess you can call it, the fan to bring in cool air into your system or hot air out of your system, depending on how you have it set up.

why dont you use the molex connectors for power.
i dont think u can connect 2 fans on the fan connector on the mobo. It might overload the mobo connector.

Or of course you could buy an A7N8X Deluxe. It has 3 3pin fan connectors, a cpu and 2 whatevers. The whatevers are placed near the vid card and chipset, because thats useful to some. Most people just use 4pin connectors like going into your hard drive. The yellow is +12v, the red is +5v, and both blacks are ground. You can get 3<4pin adapters, but just sticking the wire inside the 4pin is soooo much cheaper and more compact.

I don't think he needs to take out a loan in order to add a few fans.

Most case fans will use the motherboard fan headers, and when you use them all, you won't be able to use those anymore. However, many fans (see: Antec fans) use the Molex connector that come from your power supply. You'll usually have one or two open, if you bought your computer from a retailer.

So, either A) Purchase a fan that has a Molex (that is 4 pin) connector (such as this one
or
B) Get a 3 pin header to 4 pin Molex adaptor for your current fan(s) which you can find here

thanks, that is exactly what i needed.

Yuriman said:
Or of course you could buy an A7N8X Deluxe.

That means he would need new RAM, new mobo, and new CPU. Think about this: some people prefer Intel, or just plain hate AMD.(I prefer intel and my name is AMDme :)

Back