• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first water cooling set-up please check it out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsaneO/cer

Registered
Hey everyone. It is my first time posting here and was wondering if you guys could check this out for me.

Waterblock: Danger Den Maze 4
Pump:Eheim 1250 317gph
Radiator:procore with fan shround combo http://www.dtekcustoms.com/product.asp?0=205&1=228&3=18
Tubing 1/2" i will get at the local hardware store
Watter additive:watter wetter
Hoseclamps:Local Store
Disstilled water:Local Store
Reservoir: Dtek Bay Res

Please tell me what you guys think or what should be diffrent. I am in no hurry for ordering this. I am the h20 n00b.

Thanks guys i look forward to setting this up

Here are my system specs

ThermalDragon|Intel P4 3.0CGhz@3436 with 1:1 divider and on stock cooler!|Abit IC7-G|Corsair TWINX XMS3200 512MB (2X256)|Western Digital SE 80gb 7200rpm HDD|Antec TruePower 480 Watt|LiteOn 48x24x48x Cd-rw & 16x DVD-ROM|ATI 9800 pro 128mb@425/380|Win Xp home|

It sounds great, but u do know u can just get a 87 chevette heater core for about 23 bucks and add ur own barbs. i dont think I would pay 55 bucks for a pre-barbed heater core but thats just me. The pump is suppose to be one of the best ones around along with the Danner pumps. As far as the water block goes Ive heard there nice and I hope they are cause I just ordered one with the socket hold down for my AMD.
But if you order all that I think you will be very pleased and get great performance.
~Peace
Mine after paint..Sorry its so small. I wish I could post attachments:(
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/100_0592.resize.JPG

Last edited:
I would go with Tygon or ClearFlex tubing which is not carried by most hardware stores......

As for radiators: $55 is too high for me too, even if it comes with a shroud. If you don't want to get a heater core yourself ($25 and two barbs= $27 or so) then Danger Den will sell you one for $35 /with shroud $48.

Other than that it looks good:)

That looks like a nice system once it's built. Vinyl tubing is a pain in the rear for turns inside a case. I use 1/2" dia. 1/8" thick vinyl, and my turning radii are like 6".

Nice thing about the Procore is that it's more aesthetically appealing than a core from the auto store.

Thanks guys for your information. I cant wait to get thisw system built prollly going to order the stuff today.

I have one more question. Is http://www.cooltechnica.com reliable shipping wise and returns and good with customer support?

Thanks

Insane

I just put together the very same stuff over the weekend, ordered through cooltechnia, and bestbyte(Bayres was cheaper at bestbyte, they also had a bigger bottle of water wetter, and better colors in UV dye) I used 6oz of wetter with about 32oz distilled water, and my water is VERY pink :cry: , the blue UV dye helped make it purple, but the lights need to be on.

Go for the clearflex, the cheap vinyl is just that, cheap. Not worth saving 10 bucks.

I am very happy with my setup. I didnt install the Rad within the case, its sitting in front of an A/C window unit just outside the case. Great temps :)

I have pics, but cant post them. (no attachments here)

Hey camel what are your system specs and temps? btw congrats on the new set-up

Hi Insane

I have a Gigabyte SINXP1394, P4 2.4b @ 182'ish 1.575v
My temps are real good because the Rad is in front of a window air conditioner.
Load 30c'ish
Idle has been as low as 18c, but my Res started condensating, and I didnt take any insulation measures, so I backed it up a bit for around 20c.

Block Maze4
Pump Eheim1250
Rad Dtek Procore
Bay res
ClearFlex
WaterWetter 6oz
Water 32oz

Both packages arrived within an hour of each other(1 Fedex, 1 UPS) and everything was put together, and testing very shortly after ;) My first W/C system also.

I could email pics of temps, and the system if you want.

DO NOT ORDER WATER WETTER OR UV DYE FROM DTEK

i did and they both came in unmarked bottles that where not sealed and the color was a bt wattery so i had a student of my check it out and he said the water wetter was diluted and that the uv dye was not uv reactive .

thorilan said:
DO NOT ORDER WATER WETTER OR UV DYE FROM DTEK

i did and they both came in unmarked bottles that where not sealed and the color was a bt wattery so i had a student of my check it out and he said the water wetter was diluted and that the uv dye was not uv reactive .

Good tip thanks!

Bestbyte gave me what I ordered, and for what I thought was a good deal. Saved $5 bucks on the Bayres, most have them for $24.99, got it for $19.99. They had big 12oz bottles wetter also.

Damn it i orderd water wetter from them. I'll just have to check it out when it comes in:rolleyes:

Back