• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Silent Boost A1889: opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to tell you something about that real quick. I've actually cut into a non-working thermaltake smart fan 2 two slits on all 4 sides and guess what.... that was INCREDIBLE LOUD! I have no control over its speed because it wasn't working correctly (even resoldered the connector together and nothing). The fan was at full blast and it had the most ear numbing screech in the world. I just broke that ******* up and ended its misery. Now that i think of it, i should have just tore off all of its edges and left the casing intact. That would possibly reduce the noise. By the way, the reson why that fan is set so slow is because of that noise. You get a low hiss from this hsf setup, but if it were at 5000rpms or so, that would be a very very loud hiss. As for the actual heatsink i have no clue. I'm sure it performs like an slk7 or better.

Back