• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

Ok, I know it looks like a rip off of the WW but that wasn't my goal. It was already looking like the WW even before I saw the inside of the WW.

Channel hight: .375"
Fin/channel width: .035"
Base: Somehwhere around .04" (just in the channels)
Bottom finish: Lapped w/ 600 grit
Manufacturing: Both CNC and manual milling.

The channel were cut with a slitting saw. And w/ the fins being so tall it did tweak them. But I as able to screwdriver them back pretty straight.

block-4.jpg
block-1.jpg
block-2.jpg
block-3.jpg

You might think the impingment is stupid, which it might be, but I cut about .25" down into the barb so the water can actualy reach the outside of the impingment slot while inside the barb.

As you can see there are a couple mistakes. But not bad for my first block, I guess. I have a 1.4Ghz Tbird, which are known to be hot so I dunno what I would be getting on a cooler chip. Overclocked to 1.5ghz, load temp is 45C (I'm remounting the block, will repost temp change, if any).

If u dont mind a little improvment tip u could sandblast the fins and also give the impigment fins a point so they cut the water.

Very very good though. Hehe, can totally tell u did the holes ur self :p . Same thing happened to mine.

You talking about that one mounting hole? It was on the CNC mill, I didn't center drill, and the bit was duller than stuff. So it just danced around the copper making a mess.

One other thing I should probably do is shave some off that left side. I decided not to shift the center of the fins (or whole block) and just shifted the mounting holes (you know, because the center of the die is not in the center of the holes). Any ways that side is very close to some capacitors.

As far as I'm concerned its a nice block period! H@ll, some of us couldn't get a block that nice even on the 5th try. Nice work.

Mounting hardware? I just bought the steel set from danderden. Although right now I'm NOT using the springs. Because I have such long 5/8" fittings, and the block is on the tall side. It's hard to bend the tubing where I need it and still be able to close my side case door. I have a wide cause but w/ the Y fitting it's just tough. I did have the res just sitting outside my case but after remounting the block w/ no springs I was able to get it inside the case finally (bending tubing to the max). Now I'm thinking I would just like to get rid of the res and put a T line for an air trap. But that's not going to keep me from having to bend the tubing so much. I guess I should just put the Y right before the pump instead of right after the WB.

Looks like a really good preformer. Rocksolid! Only thing that concerns me is the high possibility of bigtime laminar flow once the water has separated into two channels and waterspeed is reduced.

I was kinda thinking about that. I wanted to make the bottom of the block rise up as it aproches the outlets, but I dunno if that would have help. What would you do to the desine to help that?

Back