• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek vs DangerDen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joker_927

Come on, one has to be better than the other! Right? Maze? Spir@l?

Should I really buy the one that just "looks" better?

I used the search. It got me nothing.

I was looking for an actual comparison. Everybody in this forum just says one of the other is better.

There is no proof!

Joker_927 said:
Come on, one has to be better than the other! Right? Maze? Spir@l?

Should I really buy the one that just "looks" better?
If you are talking WB's, the D-Tek White Water (which should be out any day now) kills the Danger Den offerings by 4-5C. Rads, pumps, tubing is similar at both. I prefer the D-Tek shroud to the DD one though. If you want an average performing block, then yes, go with what you like the looks of as they all perform very similarly.

They are both pretty much the same:
variations in tubing runs and radiator would probably account for more temp. difference between the "primo" blocks from either of them than anything else.

White Water beats them both (LRWB by Dtek) and the Cascade is slightly better still.

The D-tech Spir@l and DD Maze3 are pretty much the same. If you're choosing between these two only, just go for whichever one looks best to you.

Btw, either one should be a good choice for a pelt, if you're so inclined, though the DD block comes pre-fitted for an optional cold plate and might be a little easier for a first-time attempt ;)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Taht white water thing confused me. Couldn't find anything on Cascade.

rMonster's comment was waht I was looking for. They are pretty much the same. I like DD's northbridge cooler more than D-tek's and DD's GPU water block scored really well in reviews I read.

Since DD's webpage offers a lot more stuff I need for a flat rate of $6.00, I will just get all my water blocks from DD.

Back