• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

make my tornado shut up !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightywpm

Registered
k really...i dont have a problem with the sound...but do those acoustic adhesive thingies work? and i have a clear window panel so does that mean i have only 4 sides to apply it meaning sound still escapes from the fan mount on the clear window.? so is it worth it buying the acoustic barriers?

They don't really help making things quieter, but they do reduce case rattle by making things heavier, which is OK if you have a cheapie steel case, but putting sound deadening material on a high dollar alum. case is just silly.

Just get a fancontroller. You definitly don't need 80cfm of airflow over a 2100+

Heh... I still don't get it. Why get a Tornado if you want silence?

I'd rather get a lower db fan in the first place and work for good airflow.

As for the acoustic dampening. Most sound comes from the fan it self and the air-turbulence around grilles and ducts, thus, it takes very little of your actual noise.

As already suggested.. rheobus for you.

Cheers, Flix

sandman001 said:
turn it up to full speed, then stik your finger into it.

I bet it gets real quiet.

Will probably get quiet because he won't be able to hear it over his yelling lol. Those tornados are no joke. I cut my finger will mine was on 7V!!!:eek:

NiTrO bOiE said:

Will probably get quiet because he won't be able to hear it over his yelling lol. Those tornados are no joke. I cut my finger will mine was on 7V!!!:eek:

yea my tornado bit me at about 3000rpm, and I was bleeding.

Is this fan on a CPU? If so, I'd try remounting the fan with rubber grommets or strips between the fan and hsf. That'll help keep the vibration of the fan sepreate from the rest of the components.

You'll get a tad lower noise. Other option is a fan-bus to control the fan speed, or a 7v mod. (Will Tornado's start at 7v though?)

If you can't take the noise, I'd look for another fan or HSF combo...by the time you buy a fanbus to slow it down, you could've bought something else.

i've come to the conclusion that this sound..........is tolerable. It took about 2-3 days to get used to...but since i have my tv on while i'm on my comp anyways.......i dont really hear it , however while watching movies on my comp is a little annoying. I think i'm very pleased with this hs/f combo because of temps...and plus i'm looking to push a 2500 xp to its limits on air...so i've heard this is the best way to go.(w/ tornado and all) thanks to all.

Back