• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chevette hc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I just ordered one, it will be delivered today, how can I put 3/8 barbs on it? I have some laying around. I could also run up to the hardware store and get a 3/8<5/8 adapter. What does everyone think?

I just cut off the h/c inlets to a managable length with a dremmel, heated my tubing to stretch it directly over the h/c's fittings, then hose-clamped it for safety's sake.

I've not had any problems with it so far.

You could also solder copper fittings on there- possibly the best way, if you can solder.

A note though: 1/2" tube flows much better than 3/8".....Are you already committed to the smaller size?

Even if your block(s) and pump are set for 3/8" and can't be converted, having tube that is 1/2" should help your flow rate.

Get it really hot?

J/k.

Oversight on my part, my apologies. I'm using 1/2" ID tubing, so it fit over the 5/8" inlet with a little patience and heat.

If you're sticking with 3/8" tubing, you can either
1) solder on the new fittings,
2) use 1/2" tubing on the H/C and a 1/2">3/8" coupling, or
3) do as RBR suggested and use JB Weld. Unless you're experienced with sweating fittings, the JB Weld would be the way to go, imo.

Edit: Nevermind, it's all been covered already :p

Back