• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sand-Blaster Cut WaterBlocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGhengisKhan

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam
My cousin runs a sign making company. He uses a computer-controlled sand-blaster to make the signs, and will be testing how well it works to make heat-sinks and water-blocks from some copper stock that he has laying around. If it works as well as he's promised me, he will start making some custom water-blocks, ram-sinks, etc, etc... I just wanted to get some opinions on how well this could work. He said that he can get it to make 1mm wide cuts with .5mm thick walls inbetween them for heatsink/water-channels. I'm thinking that the roughed up surfaces could create some extremely efficent water-block designs (from the increased surface areas). Any other thoughts on some positives or negatives on using this method of making blocks?

The Maze4 (as well others, I'm sure) are sandblasted to increase turbulance. Sounds like a great idea to me.

sounds very interesting.

any word on the other ones that are being milled?

Jon

Back