• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking old hp desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oldschool

I have an old hewlett packard pentium II with Intel inside and with a 256 mb of memory. I was wondering if you have any success on overclocking this kind of comp. Please include the limitations.

I've overclocked an HP 4340 (HP has Asus mobos for this) and was able to scrounge up a manual for the mobo with all the OCing Jumpers above the memory. I'm able to get about 100mhz from this Celeron 433 (multipliers unlocked).

You're usually not going to get over 100mhz (and I was very lucky), so don't expect much from it. I'd imagine you'd get 77mhz at the most.

Use WCPUID to get your board info and you should be able to find something. You also may be very lucky and be able to Software OC it.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your response to my problem but I need more in dept instructions on how I can get that additional 100mhz. I forgot to include that I also have a 40gig harddrive.

Back