• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F2 Extreme Radiators for Extreme watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copyman

I´ve been developing watercooling products for some years. In this time, I´ve tested most of the products available, about 90% of the high efficiency wc systems available in the market. In all of them, besides evaluating their performance, I also looked for mistakes, always trying to understand the tecnology used, and trying to find ways to improve their efficiency. In all of them, what caught my attention were the radiators.... All were very inefficient, and highly flow restricted. These factors limited the cooling systems I was evaluating in extreme Ocs...

Of course they can´t do the cooling work all by themself: a high performance water block and a strong water pump is also needed... I tested most of them, and will do a brief explanation of what I think is important concerning watercooling

About the tubing and hose barbs: I use modified hose barbs... I´ll explain: My hose barbs are modified, having the liquid flow coming from the tubing in mind. They have their inner width widened to the max and polished. The mods on the inlets of these hose barbs is to keep a straigh line from the tubing to them, avoiding turbulance in the incoming liquid that would decrease flow rate. I use a 50% silicone ½ inch tubing, which is extremely flexible and has a bigger inner width, when compared to other ½ inch tubings available in the market, and it fits my hose barbs perfectly.
These tubings are custom made for me by a manufacturer near my town, and are capable of doing a complete 4 inch radius circle without any obstruction or deformation. I use these tubings and hose barbs in all my water cooling kits, extreme ones or not.

About the F2 Extreme radiators: I would like to give some personal beliefs about the commom radiators used today for water cooling before explaining my radiators.
None of the radiators I tested, at least from what I know, are made exclusively for watercooling . For example, Dtek, one of the most used radiator, is simply a regular air heater radiator used in cars. The only difference is its size and headers. All the rest, including the Z form flat tubes, the tanks, the fins, are the same that are used in 90% of today´s cars air heaters. They are probably made by Delphi, since its identical, except for its size and headers, to the ones I tested. They are exactly the same heatcores made for the Chevette air heater, usually recommended in this Forums as a cheap solution. In my opinion, they´re highly restrictive and inefficient when used for watercooling.
The same thing happens with the old (refrigerator´s condenser) and new Innovatek radiators, as well as the Black Ice and Black Ice Extreme from Danger Den, which are also made by Delphi, and uses the same flat tubes, headers and fins used in other heatcores made by Delphi, most of them used in air heaters for cars. Again, these too are extremely restrictive, with low heat exchange and not innovative.

If you look for a air heater radiator in na auto´s parts shop, you will see that 50% are identical to the ones used by Dtek, and the other 50% are exactly the same used by Dangerden and Innovatek... Always the same thing, the only difference is the size, inlet type and, sometimes, the material used in it...

I wanted much more than the market could offer me... I knew how a watercooler radiator should be, and I would not do as the others did, using radiators based in trivial heatcores, inefficient and flow restrictive, usually used for air heaters... What I wanted was a perfect watercooling radiator, at least from my point of view.... Specially designed for watercooling use... And that´s how my F2 Extreme project started...

Some characteristics of the radiator F2 Extreme:

That radiator is made with 3 arrays of flat tubes opposed and 12 layers of laminate pure copper for each inch of height,
it has in the total of 54 flat tubes divided and opposed in 3 arrays

it works in an only fluid passage, he has TWO entrance of 1\2 in the superior camera and TWO exit of 1\2 in the inferior camera

the entrance has a special camera that feeds of fluid in a homogeneous way all the flats tubes .

all weld they are them done with 57% of silver and all the connections are re-worked for over diameter and soft angles of entrance and exit

8.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

23.jpg

CPU: xp1700+
Stepping: 0310
Cooling:Watercooler F2 Extreme ( no petier , chiller or vapos)
Voltage: 2.1v
Motherboard:abit nf7-2 rev 2.0 Bios 1.3
System Memory: oczel3200 dual channel
Overclock: 2744mhz

Watercooler Setup

Pump : Quietone 1100 gph
Radiator : F2 Extreme
Block: LRWW

OBS : nf7-s bio1.4

1.jpg

2.jpg

OBS : nf7-s bio1.3

a.jpg

b.jpg

This looks really good, but I don't see where the water enters/exits..

Did you build the whole thing by yourself, and are they up for mass-production? :)

cheers
solo

yeah i was wondering the same thing and do you have demensions on that. as in are those 80mm fans ( thats what i think they are ) or something larger .
i have often thought the same thing as far as maerial used in common cores and the fact that they where designed with price/ performance ratio based on car parts not computer parts and have been trying to think of a way to make better radiators but i came up with nothing that was feasable ( if i where rich it would be diferent)
so if your radiators are doing great for performance ( the design looks sound) hen i and others like me might be interested in buying them ( dimentions are a bit important though)

so i hope o see more in this thread ( hopefully some answers :) )

It looks great!

To bad it's not going to lower 90% of the people's temps here at all if they've properly setup their own heatercore, or buy one too small.

Take that as just a fact, not personal.

The craftsmanship looks A-1

solo said:

Did you build the whole thing by yourself, and are they up for mass-production? :)

cheers
solo

they are made in little amount and for me same and of 10 in 10 pieces, they are also for sale, I have 8 prototypes here, this that I posted is one of the first 10 that are being finished for sales and sending for reviews

The cameras with the two exits and entrances are being tomorrow mounted, they were today ready, for that you don't see them in the pictures

Watercooler Setup

Pump : Quietone 1100 gph
Radiator : F2 Extreme
Block: LRWW

the pump... yikes....

one hell of pump you've got there.

That's the pump I'm interested in... I don't need all others.. i don't need no radiator nor barbs no nothin'... only got hose running directly from cpu to the deep freezer. Same for the GPU card, two independent pumps, resulting in ultimate water flow performance. I only need 1.92~ 1.94v vcore@ 2.1C water temp@ 2706mhz prime stable. eh eh eh..

:cool:

solo said:

cheers
solo

the cameras with the two entrances and exits will only be tomorrow mounted, they are for sale yes, although 5 of the first 10 rads will be sent for tests and reviews, the final price depends on the chosen finish

this of the picture has case in steel polished inox, totally isolated of any part of the radiator

thorilan said:
yeah i was wondering the same thing and do you have demensions on that. as in are those 80mm fans ( thats what i think they are ) or something larger .
i have often thought the same thing as far as maerial used in common cores and the fact that they where designed with price/ performance ratio based on car parts not computer parts and have been trying to think of a way to make better radiators but i came up with nothing that was feasable ( if i where rich it would be diferent)
so if your radiators are doing great for performance ( the design looks sound) hen i and others like me might be interested in buying them ( dimentions are a bit important though)

so i hope o see more in this thread ( hopefully some answers :) )

slowly people, this is a radiator for extreme over using methods of conventional wc, he is of great sizes yes, but it can be done in any size, configuration and measure the any personal taste.

F2 only has a purpose, to reach the maximum of efficiency, and to reach overclock levels before very little probable of reaching with watercooling.

It uses fans of 120mm and your dimensions are 15 x 7 x 6

as I said I can make those radiators in dimensions in agreement with the characteristics (size) that each one wants, and the price depends on that and of the type of used material in case

thorilan said:
so how much would the one in the picture cost me?
(with 1/2 barbs of coarse )

The one of the picture is of the cathar, I am sending for him for tests in two days, I have 10 semi-ready pieces, 5 for reviews and tests 5 for sales

the price of a piece as the one of the picture without fans 250,00 usd costs

(with FOUR 1/2 barbs of coarse ) :cool:

All that case is in steel polished inox the perfection with finish of a jewel

I have them in finishes in materials different with lower costs, but with the same perfomance.

in several forums it is prohibited this type of information in the topics, please inform me if I am breaking some rule..:

rogerdugans said:
The design looks excellent and that is definitely the prettiest radiator I have seen :)

I look forward to the reviews :D

I also wait for the review, I want to see what Joe and the cathar will find of F2, the system has an enormous efficiency, I wanted to be with them when it gushes 40 liters for minute of the connectors y of the lrww when they will measure the flow of the system
but I will place some other measurements and overs here for you while we waited

Back