• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue orb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i got this blue orb for my north bridge but was dissapointed the holes don't match up perfectly although i forced it the bottom of the blue orb is so uneven i put as3 on the chip and put the fan on and took it off to see where it touch it and only the edges touched, terrible fan so i took the thermal glup off and put as3 and took the double sided thermal tape and put it on top off the HS and put the fan on top (asus a7n8x mb)worked out fine.

Now i have to see if i could overclock relly high!

yes it is possable doesn't make a difference bottom line is that it did not fit fine and i put my original HS back and i had to put a lill more as3 than i expected but i bet that it is better than the nasty thermal gulp

Yeah, you need a iceberq for nb. If you have nForce2 then that explains the concave nb.

yes but the problem is that i have a slk-800 u HS and it is very close to the northbridge i don't know if an iceberg would fit

i heard someone say they sanded their NB to get even contact. I don't know if i would want to do that though. Has anyone else tried that?

Back