• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Fan Heatsink???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that not having the fan above the sinkisnt too good an idea when heat goes up. Dunno though you will have more air going through...

Multi-fan heatsinks make way more noise than they're worth. I'm sure that thing would get crushed (performance-wise and noise-wise) by a SLK-800 or even an SK-7. The only nice thing about multi-fan heatsinks is that your CPU won't fry if a fan dies, because the other fan(s) can still blow air over the heatsink.

call me wierd or blind, but where do you attach it to the cpu... maybe this is what youre talking about rugbyroy?

How the hell is it going to fit? On nearly every board there are capacitors that line the socket. Is the heatsink taller than what i suspect?

hmmm, I think I'll take a nice SLK-800 and a single fan, instead of three. The heatsink looks like it won't conduct the heat well anyways, it looks like the heat has to travel quite a ways up :p

well first of all, it's aluminum. the other fans add cost, and the heat would just stay by the bottom.

Pretty easy to find a hsf unit that will both cool better and quieter. Sure it performs decent but anything that noisy had better do at least decent. And I don't care for the looks either, kinda goofy imo.

Back