• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 = bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joker_927

I read by someone on this forum that the maze 4 had some problems, and that I shuld only get the maze3. I looked at the maze4 and it looks like it wouldn;t work well. There was only 1 channel over the core area (the hot spot).

I was EXTREMELY close to buying the maze3, when I read a few reviews on the maze4. Every review said it was better. By as much as 5C! Now I'm really thinking about buying the mase4. I search this forum only to find out that TONS of people are using the maze4, and not to many are complaining.

So my question is: Is the maze4 bad? Does it really have problems? Was I miss-lead?

Thanks

Noooo, I should be reciving my maze 4 here this wk. I ordered it from DD a while ago. Just took for granted that it was gona be good, man, I should have come back and asked a little then. :(
I am just sick of my crappy performance from my existing block and want better, but want look to, the WW woth the Y and the three barbs is not my style.

Can someone pls shed some light on this subject????

I will also be recieving my Maze4 SHD tomorrow, i hope its not too bad. I doubt it will be cause ive heard of people getting 19c idle temps with these things(no plelt), and most of the time I hear anything about them it usally good.
~Peace
Haha pwned by my typing skills....
JK:p

I have heard a lot of good things about the maze4, but I do no use one myself, so I couldn't tell you my experience.

From everything I read, it is a little better than the maze3, and to tell you the truth I think it looks a little better. I would go for it, it can't be too bad since so many people have bought it and have not complained yet.

i've heard that cooling wise it was basically the same thing as the Maze3. I 100% doubt that the decrease 5C in temps was due to the block. Probably gained that decrease in outside factors rather then actual block itself. A lot of sites review waterblocks w/o the correct testing platform and techniques. and 19C is an impossible number to get idle for just straight up watercooling. rarely do you get within 1C of ambient temp and this person is claiming they can get their cpu to 66.2F. Unless you live in an igloo or just like it really really cold then 19C idle isnt possible for regular watercooling. thats just another example of why you shouldnt always trust people or sites without the correct testing materials.

THANKS!

Maze4 it is!

COOL, it's $1.50 less than than the Maze3. Weird, but Good 4 me!

Back