• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Hydrocool 200 came in today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnowlesTech

I want to be a Beta Tester
The Corsair Hydrocool 200 came in today for Dan's PC, you can look at Alternative Modding and the other thread where we almost OCed 1.8GHz over norm.
I saw some where about cutting up a motherboard foam board to surround the CPU while water cooling. I saw another deal on conditioning the hoses before use. Are there anymore good tips I need to learn before I hook this up? I read the stickies already. Anyone have a link to the motherboard foam thing?

Insulating the cpu, mobo and tubing is NOT needed with straight water cooling.
It is needed to prevent condensation when more extreme methods of cooling are added to the system: water chillers, peltiers or phase change.

The more extreme methods I mention will get temps BELOW ambient and can cause condensation to form- which means you end up with water running down your chip and motherboard! Not a good thing. ;)

But straight water cooling will NOT cause condensation so insulation is not needed.

Well the rig works good, the core temp is about 110F and the top of the HSU *where the probe is at on the 200* is at 84F. The PC is over clocked from 2.26GHz to 3.40GHz and running steady! If I over clock it anymore I see instabilities in BF1942 and Max Payne but all else runs well. The customer is a BF1942 fanatic so we both decided to leave it at 3.40GHz until he finds a better way to cool it. While it was at my house it runs cooler because workstation #2 is in front of an air conditioner :) Anyways that the update, thanks for the help.

Back