• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding out PLL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

Is there any diagnostic program that will tell you the PLL on your mobo? I must have tried 1/2 a dozen or so. I just don't feel like disassembling my laptop or cracking the case open on my, er...work computer ;).

Last edited:
I would guess not. You would probably have to take the cover off to read the chip and it being a laptop, well...good luck. :D Its not usually a good idea to overclock a laptop because the cooling is usually right on the edge as it is :rolleyes:

The laptop does get pretty hot. My work computer though, I'm seriously thinking about OCing. I got CPUFSB on it and tried messing around with it. It says I am now running at 2400 MHz instead of 2000 MHz. However, It also says that I'm running a 60 MHz FSB with a 20 multiplier! That's only 1200 MHz! Also, though, I ran bench marks before and after OCing (supposedly), and all my numbers are significantly faster, as I assumed they would be after a successful OC. I'm confused as all hell here, but it seems to have worked.

Could be the cpu throttleing thing that all laptops do. Speedstep or something? that could cause it to report wrong.

Oh the office rig. Ok. My bad :D Your best bet is probably going to be looking at the chip or searching the net for someone else who has done it.

izzit this is what u 1 to see -->

pll.PNG

THAT'S IT. THANX! Guess I gotta go download SetFSB now...

...and are you really running stable at 3487? If so, that's a REALLY nice OC :clap:.

Back