• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000-Cu Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm. Tough question. The only reason I considered the Aluminum version was because of the weight of the all copper version. There's no doubt that the copper version cools better and the noise is the same. Now that I have the copper version I would say that it's worth a little extra. I worry about heat so even just a little extra performance is worth it to me. Also, I don't move my case around much and I'm comfortable with the weight now that I've seen how securely this mounts.

Good luck!

Yeah I just got mine today, the thing is huge! Also seems pretty heavy. Would it be better to take it off while I'm moving the computer to college? The computer is gonna be in the car with me, but obviously I wanna take all the precautions I can.

yes, take it off.. unless u get the AlCu version, the cooler is rather heavy and could snap. :)

I thought the ALCu was a bit better so I bought it but after reading more reviews, the Cu was said to be better by about 1°C in controlled testing environments (stable room temps). I don't think it's worth putting such a heavy hsf for the nominal advantage at least for me. Intel has specified the weight of the hsf to be no more than 450g though and the Cu version is 770g(?)

That said, you can't go wrong with either one. I'm extremely happy with the ALCu version.

-Bobby

Here's a review where the all copper version performs better. http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=133&p=297

I think that saying you can't go wrong with either HSF is probably the best statement anyone can make on this subject without testing both for themselves. I know the copper version spanked my Aeroflow and did it quietly.

Enjoy.

the copper zalman probably spanks much more than ur aeroflow, im a zalman fanboy, those dudes know how to make quality products.

obliv said:
the copper zalman probably spanks much more than ur aeroflow, im a zalman fanboy, those dudes know how to make quality products.

Absolutely. Whichever one performs a bit better than the other one makes little difference; they're quiet, efficient, and coming from a company that makes precision-machined wind tunnel components, they are VERY well-engineered and well-built items, especially for a simple CPU heat sink!

Another thing, the thermal grease it comes with, is it any good? I really don't feel like spending another 10 or 11 bucks on AS3, but I guess if its gonna be a big difference I will.

If you don't have AS3 or Ceramique, I'd say it's a good investment. I think the Zalman came with some stuff if you really didn't want to get some.

-Bobby

I'd say definately pick up some ceramique. You're gonna use it on all your heatsinks, and if you're like me, it will be used alot. You can also use it on your northbridge and on your graphics card core. Just remember to scrape the TIM off with something plastic and clean with isotropic alcochol.

Back