• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fool apump into thinking the computer is on when it is not...need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I have a pump that has the molex plug added so it only turns when the computer is on. Is there any way using the molex conectors to make the pump run while the computer is off/not conected to the computer?

I am currntly running a second computer with the molex conectors plugged into it, but my wife needs the second rig back:eek:

Thanks for the help.

if you unplug the atx connector from the mobo and take a paperclip and connect the two correct wires with the paperclip the psu thinks it needs to be on... but i forget which two wires...

Alternatively, you could put a switch on the mobo's "PWR_GOOD" line, which will allow you turn on everything but the mobo, by using the power button the same way you usually do.

On the other hand, the mobo might shut down the PSU, if it sees voltages coming in, without a PWR_Good signal coming back within a reasonable amount of time, so you'd have to tap into the PWR_ON line too.

You can pick up an AT powersupply for like 10 bucks or find a friend that has one lying around. I use an AT power supply to turn on the fans and lights in my computer, and then use a normal power supply for everything else....all my fans wires run out of my case thorugh the back.

Back