• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the filter fit there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snipester

This is the filter i'm looking at for new antec cases

http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/cases/antecplus860/page5.shtml

This is the case I have... sx1030

http://www.2cpu.com/Hardware/SX1030/sx1030_2.html

If I could get the part do you think it would fit??

There is the same large space at the front of my case but I assume those filters were designed for the newer models?

Does anyone have a filtered case? I'd like to know.. IT would be soo much easier if I could just get one of those filters. My computer is like a dust magnet.

I think it would work. And if it doesn't slide in there perfect, you can take off the front of your case and rig it somehow, probably very easily.

Also Reccomended: You may want to get some thin scotch-brite pads and put them in the same place. They may increase temps by a few degrees, however keeps dust out well.

I have a large (larger than mid-tower, not quite full) Antec case with the same filter... it gets pretty dirty after a while, and I don't have heinous dust in my system.

it should fit, as long as both cases are the same size. if all else fails, you could make a filter:) i made my own out of balsa wood and cut up 120mm aluminum filters, works very nicely and covers the entire vent area.

I used a rewashable air conditioning filter on the front of my case. I just cut a piece to cover the fan openings and sandwiched it between the case and front bezel. I just built a computer for a friend using a new antec 630 case. it had the front filter shown in the link. I think you could get better filtering by making your own.

Hmm thx for ur responses...

I might order one if I can.. ITs just a lot neater and stuff..
instead of a DIY which i'm not good at...

Right now my idle temp of my cpu is 60 on my volcano 9. I put two pillows one in the intake and one on the exhaust b/c its so loud!!

anyways I'm still waiting on my SLK-900

the filter won't MAKE noise or impede TOO much flow will it?

Back