• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing P4B-LX mobo with P4B bios??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thalzaar24

Hey all.

I've decided i need to flash my bios. I used to have a 1.5Ghz, but upgraded to a 2.4Ghz. My mobo is probably 2 years old and i KNOW the bios is way out of date. It was also part of a computer i bought pre-built and the bios itself has hardly any options to choose from other than the basic boot sequence and auto detect drives.

Anyhow, to the point of my post. The motherboard ID's with sandra as an Asus P4B-LX, but going to the Asus.com website, they only list a P4B with no -LX. I'm wondering if this motherboard will take the regular P4B bios or if i should try and find a LX bios before i do this. Flashing the bios is nerve wracking enough, and i want to make sure i do it right. I'm assuming that the -LX is a special OEM mobo for Sony computers, but i just want to check to make sure

any help is appreciated

sorry to bump, but would like some input. I went to the Sony site, but 1) i don't remember what type of Sony Vaio it was and 2) they didn't seem to have any bios updates (or any other updates) for any of the computers anyhow.

I would like to know the answer to this as well cuz I'm about to buy parts like that gutted from a HP system. P4B board with a Willy 1.7 and 512MB SDRAM to put in my kid's rig. It has a HP BIOS with no OCing options, so the first thing I want to do is flash a regular P4B BIOS. Anyone?

Back