• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7h3r4py

I have a blow hole with an Akasa fan with 4 blue LEDs built into it and I have an Unreal Tournament grill over the top and it looks really cool.

On my new PC I will be getting a Tornado for my CPU and as my case has a window I was wondering if there was any way to mod the Tornado to achieve the same effect.

I am unsure if I will put the Unreal grill on the Tornado as it will reduce airflow but it would look cool, but only with LEDs behind it.

You could drill some holes in the side of the fans, but the effect would be minimal since the tornado is jet black and won't show the led's very well like regular led fans. This should go in alternative modding as well.

Here is a photo of me holding it before I fixed it in, it is the only photo I could find but you should get the idea.

090703-fan_led.JPG

The only thing I could think of was using neon string to go round the outside of the Tornado to highlight it but that would not give the same effect.

If u stuck leds in a black fan it wont be very effective. Unless u paint your fan maybe white or something and then stick some leds on. That may help. Just a thought.

Back