• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquafina ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, distilled is better. Reverse osmosis is good, but it is not true distilled with no minerals.

RO water is basically as pure as you can get, it is filtered by forcing water through membranes that only allow h2o molocules through, and it will be purer than your distilled water, RO water will go "BAD", i.e. it will start to grow bacteria because of no clorine, but the water from our distiller at home can sit for weeks with no ill effects

Ro water probably will conduct less than distilled, but isn't worth the cost in my opinon

Your joking, right?

Leave reverse osmosis to drinking. It's cheaper than steam distilled, and slightly better than carbon filtration, but it's not what you want in your computer unless your only alternative is tap water.

If your running a bong, reverse osmosis (or even carbon filtration) can be a cheap alternative to steam distilled. But please don't confuse cheap with better.

Honestly.

I don't think it matters.. as long as it's not nasty *** tap water, as soon as you open it - it's going to get contaminated anyway.

Distilled water is good enough for me, you open it, pour it in, add your agents and forget about it.

That boutique water is more expensive, is it not?

I also don't think I would trust any bottled water to not have "stuff" in it.......

Distilled water- it's not just for breakfast anymore! ;)

This is not an argument here. What we DON't want in our system is any minerals. RO water may have minerals, they are good for us to consume, bad for metals. Distilled water is 100% free of all minerals and that is what we are after. End of story.

at my house we have had a steam distiller for the past 16 years, and my dad works at a hospital where they use ro water, and let me tell you RO water is way more expensive to make something like only 25% of the water you send at the membranes gets through, and you send 3/4ths of it down the drain, and i think ro water is purer than distilled, as the hospital uses it for kidney dialisys, and other things where sterile water is needed

you think Aquafina cares about that? try drinking distilled water. tastes kinda like nothing. taste Aquafina. tastes good. you know why? thats filtered New York tap water, with minerals in there. minerals and junk are what give water its taste, not the hydrogen/oxygen chemical (correct me if it's ionic) bond that is pure water.

Where does De-Ionized water stand? I can get as much as I want, as my mom works at a power plant. She is lead chemist, and they make the stuff there. I can also get probably any other chemical I want....

RO still leaves minerals... especially after long usage. So yeah.. mineral deposits are definitely not good... I think i used tap water for a while in my water cooler a few years back, and it clogged up my pump making it super loud. I was too lazy to put car coolant in there, which woulda helped the buildup of calcium and whatnot. I mean.... just stick with Distilled water, it's liek 79 cents for a gallon at your local grocery store

Yuriman said:
Where does De-Ionized water stand? I can get as much as I want, as my mom works at a power plant. She is lead chemist, and they make the stuff there. I can also get probably any other chemical I want....
Apparently de-ionized water is not so good. As it has no ions, it pulls ions from the metals in the system.

Back