• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roboman101

this is what i'm ordering tonite in less than 2 hrs

danger den maze 4-cooltechnica.com
arctic silver 3
danner mag drive 3

to cool the water a five foot 3inch diameter bong with a 5 gallon resivor+ an 80mm fan

what do you guys think

I've heard mixed reviews about the danner... I would probably go ehiem. Otherwise sounds good... what kind of tubing are you getting?

being a cheap bas**** i will probably use some clear tubing from our local menards/runnings, as i won't be making any really tight bends, but i will go tomorrow again and look for some pvc chemical tubing i.e. clearflex, as i thought i saw some today

i plan on using a 50lb pail for my resivor it should give me about 18 days of use between fillings at about 1 liter a day

and the bong will be a 4 inch beast total height from bottom of res to top of bong should be 7 ft high or about 3 inches from the ceiling

should i drill holes on the sides o/ the bong towards the top to avoid infamous wet ceiling syndrom?

edit/ i can run the danner submerged right?/edit

Last edited:
Home Depot's website says they sell the clearflex but I couldn't find any ... best I found was 7/8 od 5/8 id ... too bad we don't usually run 5/8 eh? ;)

Home depot has some 1/2" vinyl that is 1/8" wall which is similar to clearflex. It is as flexabile as clearflex and pretty cheap (5 bucks for 10 feet) but would it harden after time like other vinyl hose?

Last edited:
Back