• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech prebuilt case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splungent

This is an account of my experience with this company. Like all opinions it is subjective to ones experience.
So I build a double proc system about 9 months ago because I want a little more power....anyway I soon find out that the 2 fans that keep the 2 processors cool sound like jet planes landing in my living room so.......I start to research cooling systems. I finally settle on a liquid cooling system but I am a little skittish to build it myself so I opt for a prebuilt case. After some more research I opt for a case by swiftech ( http://www.swiftnets.com/ ) I make my purchase and wait for the delivery like a kid on christmas night. Finally it comes. I quickly take apart my old box and install all the parts into the new box. Start it up and BAM. It leaks.......UhhGGGG. I spend the next few hours on the phone with swiftech customer support ( On my own dime as they don't have a 800 number ) and lo and behold the pump is faulty. I take it apart and send it back. Wait for he new one. Finally it comes in and I get to reassemble it, wire it, install the relay, fill it, bleed it ( Good thing I got the prebuilt one! ) and finally it works. I am pretty happy as it is quiet. Fast forward about 9 months to present day. So I am sitting in my office and I smell something funny. Hey the swiftech case failed again and that smell is my 2 processors melting. Hey and the plastic tubing melting with the antifreeze all over my pci boards adds a nice touch. So I call swiftech up (On my own dime again) and they were to busy to talk and asked me to call back. So I call back and discuss the whole situation and am told "Hey these things happen" . I guess reliability is not a factor at swiftech, at least it wasn't on my box. I will concede not having a thermal shutdown activated in my bios as was pointed out by swiftech and will not make that mistake again. (I know its all my fault. :mad:) ....So I am given the option of fixing it myself (again) or paying to ship it to them. I will be shipping it to them. As far as the melted mother board. I am sure it will make a nice piece of art.

Lesson 1. Thermal shutdown software ON!

Lesson 2. As this computer was being used for proffesional reasons I have decided to go with a replacement from a more reputable company that offers next day at home service and a warranty on all parts.

Lesson 1. Thermal shutdown software ON!

Lesson 2. As this computer was being used for proffesional reasons I have decided to go with a replacement from a more reputable company that offers next day at home service and a warranty on all parts. [/B]

I'm sorry to hear of your bad misfortune. Swiftech rates at the top when it comes to Custom support.

But even Swiftech nor any company in this field to the best of my knowledge makes next day in home service. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of getting the Koolance EXOS self contained water cooling system. That would definitely move a lot of the water outside the case. It's not the most efficient but it's a lot less to worry about inside the case.

Back